Sunday, September 28, 2008

Content Infringement

Recently I was notified that an MLS related site that focuses on rumors ( I won't mention the name, but I'm sure you can figure it out) was using my content without permission or accreditation. I asked for this to be removed on several occasions and it was not removed. I then communicated that I would assert my right as a content owner under the DMCA. After leaving them several comments and sending several emails which were creatively published somewhat intact on their site, the content was finally removed from the site.

As I was watching RSL win an important road match at San Jose, the site began a PR campaign which I assume they will milk for days to come. I am not interested in participating in this, and will be focusing on producing original content especially as the stadium opener looms. It is tempting to debate each fact with them, and to counter each allegation that they make, however I think this is fruitless.

I am not at all worried about their intent to discredit. Just consider the source.

Feel free to post your thoughts on this situation.