Thursday, March 12, 2009

Charleston Schedule

Today is a "regeneration day'" aka "off day". Because of this I have spent some time with DC United. I was able to talk to Coach Soehn, Ben Olsen, and Christian Gomez (via translator). I'll be contributing articles to Goal.com out of these discussions. However, I did discover that Javier Morales was the backup to Christian Gomez at Arsenal de Sarandi in Argentina. I think I had actually heard this early on when Javi joined RSL, but I had forgotten it. Christian said that as an Argentine he was "very proud" to see Javi have the kind of season that he did last year.

Tomorrow I'll be spending time with Toronto. I plan to interview Pablo Vitti, Sam Cronin, Rohan Ricketts, and hopefully Amado Guevara. DeRosario remains elusive, but hopefully I can connect with him before I leave. I will also, of course, cover Real Salt Lake and intend to catch practice in the morning. At some point I also plan to sit down with Ian Joy and Luis Escalada. I'll try to talk to others if possible.

I will be immersed in writing over the next couple of days but I'll try to keep you posted on any developments.

One other scheduling note: SoccerPrime passed along confirmation that Saturday's match against TFC will indeed be broadcast on TFC TV as the others have been.