Saturday, April 12, 2008

RSL -vs- DCU: Apr 12, 2008

A win! A win! A win! Sorry, but I can't hide the excitement.

I don't want to give a match report, there are or will be plenty of those out there. But here are some of my thoughts on tonights 4-0 victory over DC.
  • After 1 goal on 28 shots in the first two matches, we netted 4 goals on 11 opportunities tonight.

  • A four goal differential in a game is our highest ever.

  • We have a positive goal differential (+2) for the season. When was the last time we could say that?

  • What was DC's strategy? Did they underestimate us? Their lineup and formation was horrible.

  • Can we resist the temptation to point to this game as an indicator that we are a good team? I think we need to chalk this one up mainly as a bit of a fluke. However, there certainly were some good signs. Let's see if we can carry this into the match next week against Toronto.

  • The crowd atmosphere was excellent tonight. A lot of chanting, and yelling.

  • I think this will more or less lock the lineup in until we are either forced to make a change due to injury (or other absence) or until it proves ineffective. This is good news for the anti-Talley crowd as Sturgis should retain this starting spot next week.

  • I loved the use of Deuchar in this match. He seemed to be causing DC fits, and I think he really got into their heads.

  • Is it too early to say we'd be in the playoffs if they started today?
Here are a couple of pics taken from my seat (click to enlarge):