Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Few More Pics and Tidbits

I only had a few minutes to put up the prior post, and in the rush I missed a couple of updates:

  • I'm sure that I had heard this before, but Nat Borchers had surgery in December on his foot for bone spurs. The surgery was needed as he played with pain in his foot for most of last season. He told me that he was unable to strike a ball very well last season because of this. He had been practicing recently but was in a boot today (and will remain out of practice for a couple more days). He was experiencing some pain, but expects to get back into the full swing of things shortly after immobilizing the foot for a few days.
  • I verified that Real Salt Lake will have a PR presence in both Tampa and in Charleston, and we will receive regular updates.
  • The team also verified that Solorzano will be on trial with the team beginning on Thursday. There also could be a couple of additional names. Expect an update on this tomorrow.
  • Nothing official at this point with regards to signing Rachid El Khalifi.

In addition, I thought I'd post a few more clicks. Check them after the break.