Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Fabian Espindola status

I just found out that RSL forward Fabian Espindola has a severe sprain and is expected to be out 4-8 weeks. There will be a more definitive assessment in about a week after the swelling has gone down.

For those of you not familiar with the situation, Espindola injured his foot performing his signature backflip after scoring an apparant goal with a tremendous flick on header against the Galaxy. The camera caught his backflip, and you could see him under-rotate and land awkward on his foot. To add insult to injury the goal was disallowed as a late offside call was made.

Fabi feels terrible about the situation as expressed in his post-game quotes:

"I'm embarrassed,''

"I'm never going to do that again. I don't know what happened. I've done it a million times. If I would have known I never would have done it.''