Saturday, May 10, 2008

Daily Update: Saturday May 10, 2008

RSL acquires future second-round pick RSL to receive 2010 or 2011 SuperDraft selection for Carey Talley -> Real Salt Lake Media Relations
Real Salt Lake announced a trade with Chivas USA on Friday, with RSL sending MF Carey Talley to the Southern California club in exchange for a conditional second round selection in either the 2010 or 2011 MLS SuperDraft.

Real Salt Lake bids Talley farewell -> blog.roguecavaliers.com/My Soapbox
“We would like to sincerely thank Carey Talley for his three years of service to Real Salt Lake,” said RSL General Manager Garth Lagerwey.

Real Salt Lake: RSL looks to regroup for FC Dallas -> Deseret News/James Edward
FC Dallas (2-1-3) sits atop the Western Conference standings along with Colorado with nine points. RSL (1-3-2) has earned five points through six games, but a win tonight at 7 would go a long way toward narrowing the gap.

Real Salt Lake game day -> Deseret News

Chivas' roster keeps evolving -> dailybreeze.com/Phil Collin
"Carey is an experienced, consistent defender who can play both in the middle and on the outside," Preki said. "We're glad he's joined the squad and think he'll be a good fit for us as we move forward."

Besagno on the rise at Salt Lake -> Seattle Post Intelligencer/Mathew Gaschk
"Obviously there were a lot of expectations on me. I was just thrilled to be in the league. I didn't put any expectations on myself, I was just happy to be here," Besagno said May 2, before playing a match with Real Salt Lake's reserve team. "As of now, I'm not going to be happy until I'm starting and playing for my team."